When it comes to Halloween, some people believe you should go big or go home. But a complex Halloween makeup look can require extensive time and planning or may just not be your typical style. Often, we don’t have several hours to spare for something complex, or maybe, you decided to go to that party at the last minute and need a simple (yet cute!) Halloween makeup. For a look that is easy and oh-so-adorable, try a cat makeup look that can be worn on its own or paired with cat ears and an all-black outfit for added impact!
Create the Cat Makeup Look
Cat Face Makeup Prep
Firstly, start by evening out the skin tone and creating a base for the cat makeup look. Smooth the skin with La Base Pro Primer to create an even and smooth base. A lightweight oil-free primer, La Base will help to increase the longevity of your makeup and help it to last all throughout your night of Halloween parties. Once you’ve primed your skin apply Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation in a shade that matches your skin tone. With a long-wearing and humidity proof formula, it’s perfect for Halloween nights and will create a base for your cat Halloween makeup to last for hours. For any areas that need additional coverage (such as the under-eye area) apply Teint Idole Ultra Wear All Over Concealer. The ultra-flexible has both a precision tip and a flat edged side which allows you to perfectly apply product on any area needed without caking.
If your skin is feeling dry or tends to become dry or sensitive in the fall, consider serum-infused complexion formulas. Our Teint Idole Ultra Wear Care & Glow Serum Foundation is formulated with an 82% serum base powered by Hyaluronic Acid and Mandelic Acid to hydrate and smooth skin for a natural glowing finish. Complete your complexion base for cat face makeup with Teint Idole Ultra Wear Care & Glow Serum Concealer. Blur, conceal, and contour with its unique applicator that features a curved surface, flat surface, and an ultra-pointed tip for multiple uses, like concealing blemishes or contouring your natural facial features. Sculpt a dramatic cat face makeup without drying your skin for a glowy look that’ll last from party to party.
How to Create the Cat Makeup Look and Cat Eye Makeup
To create the cat face look for Halloween, reach into your makeup bag and pull out the eyeliner. A staple for creating cat eyeliner, it’s also the product you’re going to be using to create your cat eye makeup look. To create cat eye makeup, consider our Drama-Liqui Pencil Eyeliner. With 24-hour longwearing and waterproof properties – plus an ultra-creamy formula that delivers dramatic vibrant color in just one stroke – this eyeliner is an excellent pick for creating cat eye makeup that will last all night long.
• Start off by applying the eyeliner in a dramatic cat eyeliner shape. Apply a small amount of eyeliner to the lower lash line, making sure to connect it to the cat eye shape you created. Before the eyeliner sets smudge out the eyeliner with a small brush to create a beautiful dramatic effect.
• To really play on the cat eye shape, also apply the eyeliner to the upper and lower waterlines of the eyes.
• To add lift to the lashes and accentuate the cat eye shape, finish off the eyes by applying one to two coats of Lash Idôle Mascara our lifting mascara. Lash Idôle mascara opens the eyes by creating a lifted and fanned out effect.
• Color the tip of your nose in a curved “cat nose” style shape and use the eyeliner to draw 3 whiskers on each side in the direction that lines up with the cat nose.
• Use the eyeliner to line your upper lip of the mouth to create a little more intensity and drama. With a waterproof long-wearing formula, Drama-Liqui is perfect for drawing cat face makeup.
• After the eyeliner has set, take the shimmering black shade in the Smoky Chic Hypnôse Palette and use a small eyeshadow brush to apply it over the eyeliner on the nose and the lip. This will not only help the eyeliner stay in place longer, but it will also add an extra layer of dimension.
• When the party is over, don’t forget to remove your Halloween makeup look with an oil-based cleanser to dissolve long-wear waterproof makeup, such as the Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover. This bi-phase formula contains an oily phase and water phase to remove stubborn makeup without irritation or a greasy feel.